What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Acting as a True Advocate for Borrowers Is a Way to Build Your Reputation and Your Business
It can be easy to lose sight of, but obtaining a mortgage can change the trajectory of people’s lives. How can mortgage brokers support those who need the most help gaining access to homeownership? Listen to Episode #24 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with Brandon Thorpe, an independent mortgage broker who is focused on advocating for his clients and how that’s led to a 100% referral-based business.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn why advocating for your borrowers leads to relationships that will turn into referrals.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 2:56 – What a holistic approach to business means for Brandon
- 4:41 – How Brandon’s upbringing impacts his desire to advocate for his clients
- 6:21 – Brandon’s definition of advocating on behalf of his clients
- 8:15 – Why Brandon educates real estate agents
- 10:18 – How Brandon’s experience in 2008 affects the way he does business
- 12:11 – How Brandon connects with clients to build trust with them
- 12:57 – Brandon’s approach to building new relationships with clients and real estate agents
- 16:36 – Brandon’s story of helping a family buy a home during the pandemic
- 18:37 – How Brandon’s approach to business generates referrals
- 20:30 – Why follow-up is important for mortgage brokers
- Brandon’s advice for other originators
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Brandon Thorpe is the Founder and CEO of Visionary Lending in Northern Virginia. He has an array of experience from the public and private sectors, ranging from large retail banking to working for the federal government. Brandon started Visionary Lending in 2017. The company’s mission is to partner with families and individuals to realize their real estate and financial goals. Brandon’s focus is to be an advocate for his clients and a driving force to level the playing field for those seeking to achieve the goal of homeownership. He is determined to change the landscape of financial education and mortgage lending in this country.