What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
How Independent Mortgage Brokers Can Take More Market Share in a Rising Rate Environment
Interest rates may be up, but that doesn’t mean your business has to be down. How can independent mortgage brokers increase their loan volume in a rising rate environment? Listen to Episode #26 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with Breon Price, an independent mortgage broker who is on pace to do more loans in 2022 than he did in 2021 despite higher interest rates.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn how to adjust your mentality and business plan to overcome a rising rate environment.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:47 – Breon’s mindset on thriving in a rising rate environment
- 2:30 – Why independent mortgage brokers are equipped to win in this market
- 4:10 – How Breon has adjusted his business plan to handle the market
- 7:18 – How Breon is leveraging his real estate relationships
- 8:26 – Why real estate partner referrals are reciprocal
- 9:58 – Why Breon prioritizes repeat business from his real estate partners
- 12:11 – How to pitch a real estate partner that you want to work with
- 15:50 – Why Breon believes it was actually harder for mortgage brokers in 2021 than 2022
- 19:32 – Breon’s advice for other independent mortgage brokers in this market
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Breon Price is the broker-owner of Motto Mortgage Apex in Cincinnati, Ohio. His brokerage focuses on partnering with builders and real estate agents, ultimately providing an enhanced experience for the client. With his unique background in underwriting and loan production, Motto Mortgage is poised to become the top mortgage brokerage in the greater Cincinnati area. Breon is a UWM top 1% originator and one of UWM’s fastest-growing loan officers. In 2020, he became the Managing Partner of Motto Mortgage Apex while also increasing his production to over 400 closed loans in 2021.