What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
How independent mortgage brokers can impress real estate agents and earn referrals from them
One of the best ways for independent mortgage brokers to generate sustainable business is by building relationships with real estate agents. So what are real estate professionals looking for in their lending partners? Listen to Episode #27 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with two Realtors who explain how mortgage brokers can impress real estate agents, build strong connections with them and ultimately earn referrals from them.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn how to become the preferred lending partner for real estate agents in your market.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:38 – What Stephanie looks for in her lending partners
- 2:15 – Why Stephanie needs a lender to be available during non-business hours
- 4:07 – The role Stephanie sees her lending partners playing in the process
- 5:24 – Why Stephanie works with independent mortgage brokers
- 6:24 – How Stephanie advises her buyers on choosing a lender
- 9:51 – What Stephanie says her lenders should NOT do
- 10:19 – How Stephanie and her lending partners complement each other
- 11:44 – How Stephanie’s lenders can add value beyond what she’s expecting
- 13:52 – Stephanie’s advice for LOs on how they can become a preferred lender for an agent
- 16:19 – What Sherrie looks for in her lending partners
- 17:00 – The role Sherrie’s lenders play in her success
- 18:16 – How Sherrie learned it’s better to work with mortgage brokers than retail LOs
- 21:00 – The obstacles Sherrie has run into with retail LOs
- 22:34 – How Sherrie advises her buyers on choosing a lender
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Stephanie Sacco is a licensed Realtor® with Michigan Power Brokers. Her focus is helping guide her clients through the real estate market with ease. Buyers and sellers who work with Stephanie receive the benefit of her more than 30 years of real estate brokerage experience, trusted market knowledge and master negotiation skills. She’s dedicated to helping her clients achieve their personal real estate goals while offering superior service and professionalism.
Sherrie is a licensed Realtor® with the Delhougne Realty Group, based in St. Louis, MO. She transitioned into real estate after 14 years in communications at the St. Louis County Police Department. Over the last 8 years, Sherrie has completed over 650 transactions for her clients. She looks forward to meeting new clients and helping them make a ‘house for sale’ their home. Sherrie is a listing specialist for her team and strives to sell a home in the least amount of time while optimizing her clients’ bottom line. She takes pride in every transaction she’s involved in and every relationship she has.