What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Training and Coaching Loan Originators Is an Investment Worth Making for Mortgage Brokers
Becoming a knowledgeable loan originator requires hard work and proper training. Why should independent mortgage brokers invest their money and time in a training and coaching program for their LOs? Listen to Episode #30 of Good. Better. Broker. as we learn how Molitor Financial Group has built a successful brokerage with originators from non-mortgage backgrounds.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll find out how taking the time to train and coach your loan originators leads to sustainable business.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:53 – Troy on the importance of coaching and training for his company
- 2:48 – How Troy’s entry into the business shaped his view of training
- 4:06 – Craig on the company hiring people with no previous mortgage experience
- 5:22 – Troy on how coaching and training helps the company succeed in any market
- 6:32 – Craig on how training helps set loan files up for success
- 7:16 – Troy on why it’s important to train seasoned loan originators
- 8:48 – Troy on why they chose to develop their team members
- 9:43 – Craig on how a strong training foundation leads to a sustainable business
- 11:22 – Why Molitor doesn’t create competition among their team members
- 14:07 – Craig on the importance of transparency and communication
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Troy Molitor and Craig Messman
Over the course of 17 years in the mortgage business, Molitor Financial Group has helped more than 15,000 clients. Their focus is on the client experience and striving to exceed their clients’ expectations. As the founder and president of the company, Troy and Craig lead with a true team approach where everyone is active in the loan process, ensuring clients are taken care of throughout the transaction while receiving excellent communication. Molitor Financial Group’s core principles include a straight line of integrity in operations, pricing, compensation and client experience. Relying heavily on referrals, Molitor Financial Group’s business model is focused on organic growth. Their greatest satisfaction is finding solutions, achieving financial goals and building meaningful relationships with clients and referral partners.