What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
How independent mortgage brokers can earn more business from first-time homebuyers
For many independent mortgage brokers, there’s not a more important demographic than first-time homebuyers. How can you guide them through the loan process seamlessly and set yourself up for repeat business? Listen to Episode #31 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with two mortgage brokers who prioritize first-time homebuyers and go out of their way to give them white glove service.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn how to impress first-time homebuyers and earn referrals from them.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:33 – Why Fadi geared his business toward first-time homebuyers
- 3:15 – 3 things Fadi does with every one of his first-time homebuyer clients
- 5:12 – Why Fadi puts everything to the side for first-time homebuyers
- 7:08 – How Fadi approaches the rent vs. buy conversation
- 8:48 – The loan products that Fadi is leveraging for these clients
- 10:58 – How recent LLPAs are helping Fadi, his clients and his real estate partners
- 12:42 – Fadi’s advice for other mortgage brokers on working with first-time homebuyers
- 15:07 – Eddy’s approach to working with first-time homebuyers
- 16:45 – What Eddy focuses on in his conversations with these clients
- 18:24 – Eddy’s emphasis on being thorough and going slow
- 20:13 – How Eddy leverages products for first-time homebuyers
- 23:03 – How the current market impacts these clients
- 25:07 – How Eddy handles conversations about rates
- 27:03 – Eddy on FHFA’s removal of LLPAs for first-time homebuyers
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Fadi Sankari is an independent mortgage broker in Michigan dedicated to simplifying the homebuying process for first-time homebuyers and providing value to his referral partners. Fadi spent 5 years as a financial planner before opening his broker shop. With a wide variety of clients with diverse financial situations, Fadi takes pride in being able to match his clients with personalized loan products that address their needs. His ‘keep it simple’ approach to educating clients has been a huge catalyst in the growth he has experienced. In less than 2 years in the mortgage industry, Fadi has built a highly efficient business that is on pace to fund over 100 loans this year for about $35 million in total loan production.
Eddy Foster is an independent mortgage broker in Texas dedicated to understanding the needs of his clientsand is committed to providing value to his client base and referral partners. Eddy has spent the last 25 years as an independent mortgage broker. He takes pride in advising a wide variety of clients with diverse needs as to which lender and loan product is right for them and their scenario. Eddy has funded hundreds of millions of dollars, helping make dreams come true. He has had the exceptional opportunity and honor to serve multi-generational families.