What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
How a High Level of Communication With Real Estate Agents and Borrowers Can Lead to Referrals
In a transaction as complex as a mortgage, keeping all involved parties informed is essential. How can you impress your borrowers and referral partners with touchpoints throughout the loan process? Listen to Episode #33 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with a mortgage broker who views high-level communication not just as a way of doing business, but as a way of getting business.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn how to use communication with borrowers and real estate agents as a marketing strategy.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:52 – Why Kevin says communication is the most essential part of the loan process
- 3:08 – Why Kevin uses task management to track touchpoints
- 6:10 – How Kevin decided to make communicating with agents a marketing campaign
- 7:08 – Little touches that help Kevin stand out during the loan process
- 9:08 – How maximizing the client experience leads to referrals
- 10:31 – Why Kevin hired a concierge to handle client experience
- 12:18 – How Kevin’s approach has helped with referrals from real estate agents
- 13:24 – What Kevin does to ensure he gets a Google™ review and referrals from clients
- 15:51 – Why reviews are important even with referrals
- 16:51 – Kevin’s advice for other mortgage brokers on how to improve their communication
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
A 20-year-veteran of the mortgage industry, Kevin is the President of Lending Hand Mortgage in Nashville, Tennessee. Kevin has been originating for 20 years and loves it more than the first day he started. A shifting purchase market is his favorite time because he enjoys the challenge to innovate new business opportunities and create new marketing strategies. His willingness to outwork his competition, stay focused, and treat clients and referral partners as he would want to be treated have been the keys to Kevin’s success throughout his mortgage career. Kevin closed 306 units for over $102M in loan volume in 2021 and year-to-date has closed 301 units for more than $97M loan volume in 2022.