Good. Better. Broker.
What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Offering a One-time Close New Construction Product opens New Doors for Mortgage Brokers
New construction loans are an untapped opportunity for many independent mortgage brokers. With a one-time close option now available, the door is open for new relationships and new business. How can mortgage brokers position this product to builders, real estate agents and consumers? Listen to episode #38 of Good. Better. Broker as two experts in the new construction space lay the foundation for success with a one-time close product.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. Podcast, you’ll find out how to leverage the benefits of a one-time close new construction loan to help consumers get into their dream home and become a builder’s preferred lender.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 2:06 – Jeff on overcoming common obstacles with new construction loans
- 4:03 – Jeff on advantages of a one-time close product for consumers
- 7:42 – Jeff on how a one-time close option helps mortgage brokers help homebuilders
- 10:01 – Jeff on how a one-time close provides more opportunity for customization
- 11:35 – Jeff’s advice on how to sell the one-time close new construction product
- 14:47 – Why Brodie committed to new construction loans
- 15:45 – How Brodie navigates each builder having different preferences
- 16:45 – How Brodie overcomes obstacles with new construction loans
- 17:45 – Brodie on the benefits of a one-time close new construction loan for consumers
- 18:32 – How to pursue builders with a one-time close new construction product
- 20:05 – How a one-time close product helps brokers become a preferred lender for builders
- 21:28 – Brodie on how a one-time close product helps with customization options
- 24:28 – Brodie’s advice on how to sell a one-time close product to builders
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Jeff Berger is the Founder, Principal and President of Groundwork Mortgage, an independent mortgage company based in St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri. Groundwork and its team of mortgage professionals are recognized as market leaders in new construction purchase finance, having delivered value, savings, award-winning service, and solutions to over 3,500 purchasers of newly constructed homes in Missouri, Illinois and Kansas since 2014 representing $926 million in closed and funded purchase mortgages. Groundwork’s proven performance and expertise are why the company and its team are the recommended purchase finance provider of choice of the best homebuilders in the St. Louis and Kansas City markets and why Groundwork is recognized as the “Mortgage Company of the Year” by the Home Builders Association for the past four years and the “Face of New Home Loans” by St. Louis Magazine for the last two years.
Brodie Calder has been in the mortgage industry for over 15 years. He has helped thousands of clients and families, led as a president/principal lending manager overseeing many loan officers, and been part of many developments with local builders. He is well known for finding solutions and doing the right thing for his clients. He understands the financial strains of life and has made it his goal to do his best work to help others succeed and meet their financial goals.