Good. Better. Broker.
What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
How to Help Your Clients Get Into the Housing Market, Despite Rising Interest Rates
Even in a market with elevated interest rates, independent mortgage brokers have opportunities to help their borrowers and their business. Listen to Episode #39 of Good. Better. Broker as two purchase-focused mortgage brokers explain why buyers have the upper hand in the current market and how you can guide them through different options to get them into homes.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll find out how to empower your borrowers with strategies and products to overcome rising rates.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:50 – Why Allison believes this market favors buyers compared to previous markets
- 3:05 – How pent-up demand is impacting the market
- 5:00 – How the current market gives buyers more time to decide
- 7:12 – Why Allison believes the best time to buy is when most people don’t want to
- 13:53 – Which borrowers Allison is targeting in this market
- 15:43 – Which levers Allison is pulling for first-time homebuyer clients
- 18:41 – Why Whitney believes now is a good time for buyers to get into the market
- 20:18 – Whitney explains why the hard numbers can be surprising for buyers and agents
- 22:17 – Which products Whitney is using to combat high interest rates
- 23:28 – How Whitney approaches rent vs. buy conversations with clients
- 24:55 – Why Whitney embraces all that comes with a purchase market
- 26:24 – Whitney’s biggest keys to success in a purchase market
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Allison is a mortgage broker/branch manager with C2 Financial based in Colorado. She focuses on serving clients by providing the best product for their specific situations with a level of due diligence, creative problem-solving and client service that goes beyond expectations. She has expertise in complicated transactions and investment properties, including rural, agricultural and equestrian. Allison prides herself on being able to close transactions that other lenders couldn’t complete. During her 4 years in the industry, she has risen to be a top broker recognized by Scotsman Guide and Mortgage Executive Magazine. She has been the top C2 Financial producer in Colorado for 3 years running and is a consistent top 50 producer nationwide.
Celebrating 18 years in the mortgage business, Whitney is the #1 ranked mortgage broker in North Carolina for 6 years in a row and one of Scotsman Guide’s 2023 Top 30 Mortgage Brokers in the nation. As a business owner, Whitney truly enjoys the teaching aspect of her career. Last year, she created a website - WikiWhitney - dedicated to educational videos regarding mortgage financing. Her firm is known for delivering top-notch service, savings and speed – specifically, offering 10-business-day closings coupled with a streamlined hassle-free process for customers in North Carolina.