As your lending partner, we realize how important it is for you to get timely appraisals on your borrowers’ homes. If your borrower doesn’t qualify for an appraisal waiver, the options below are great alternatives to a traditional appraisal.
Property Inspection Data
Value Acceptance + PDC (Property Data Collection) and ACE+ PDR (Property Data Report) are property inspection options that supplement an appraisal waiver and are based on photos, videos and measurements. Instead of an appraiser, the information is gathered by a trained data collector.
Both cost $179 — hundreds less than a typical appraisal — and can be completed in as little as 3 days.
- Value Acceptance + PDC is eligible on select conventional loans for primary, second and investment properties. Run through One-Click AUS or DU and check findings for eligibility.
- ACE+ PDR is available on select conventional loans for primary and second homes with LTVs up to 90%. Run through One-Click AUS or LPA and check findings for eligibility.
Complete the Value Acceptance + PDC or ACE+ PDR process in these easy steps:
- Check findings for eligibility message.
- If eligible, submit your order through UWM Appraisal Direct.
- UWM Appraisal Direct team ensures the order is completed and submitted to underwriting for approval.*
*Borrower may be required to upgrade to a hybrid appraisal based on findings. If required, UWM Appraisal Direct will automatically have the hybrid appraisal completed and borrower will be charged the difference between the cost of the hybrid appraisal and the property data collection/report.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac allow a desktop appraisal in lieu of a traditional interior and exterior appraisal for certain purchase transactions. This allows for the possibility of getting these appraisals faster and often times cheaper for your borrowers.
To be eligible for a desktop appraisal, DU/LPA AUS results will include a message reflecting eligibility for a desktop appraisal, and the loan must meet the following requirements:
- Purchase of a 1-unit primary residence
- Property is a single-family residence or PUD
- LTV cannot exceed 90%
- Appraiser must submit a software-generated floor plan that includes interior walls, exterior wall dimensions and GLA calculations
UWM Appraisal Direct
High-Quality, Faster Appraisals
If an appraisal is needed, mortgage brokers in our network can choose UWM Appraisal Direct for ordering and tracking appraisals on UWM loans. You’ll get greater transparency throughout the appraisal process so you can more effectively manage your loans and support your borrowers. Click here to learn more.
Redeem LO Partner Points For Appraisal Credits
Available On All Loans
UWM partners can offer up to a $600 appraisal credit on any loan by redeeming 8,000 LO Partner Points. Click here to learn more.
- UWM is accepting appraisal transfers, including desktop appraisals, on all eligible UWM loans.
- UWM has imposed a $125-per-appraisal profit cap on our UWM-approved AMCs, which will allow for more money to go to the highest-quality appraisers.
- UWM will auto-populate the suggested cost of the appraisal on the appraisal fees screen in EASE. (Please note: Any increase outside of the suggested fee will be the broker’s responsibility to update and disclose to the borrower.)
Together, these additional solutions will help ensure your appraisals move faster and are completed by high-quality appraisers.
Information is subject to change. Certain restrictions apply. Subject to borrower approval.