What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Why Temporary Rate Buydowns Are a Big Opportunity for Mortgage Brokers in This Market
With high mortgage rates still wreaking havoc on the market, independent mortgage brokers have a solution for their borrowers and real estate partners. How can you leverage temporary rate buydowns to help your business now and in the future? Listen to Episode #32 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with two mortgage brokers who are seeing great results with buydowns in their markets.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn how to use temporary rate buydowns to earn more deals for you and your real estate partners.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:44 – Todd on why buydowns have been a game-changer for him
- 2:46 – Common misconceptions Todd is hearing about buydowns
- 4:06 – Borrowers to target for the buydown product
- 6:04 – Why loan originators should sell this product to real estate agents
- 8:13 – Key points Todd goes over with real estate agents on buydowns
- 11:48 – Why it’s important to include the buydown in a purchase agreement
- 12:49 – How to sell the lender-paid buydown option
- 15:50 – How to sell the 3-2-1 buydown
- 17:41 – How this product can set you up for future referrals from real estate agents
- 21:27 – Matt on how real estate agents in his market are reacting to buydowns
- 23:51 – Matt on which borrowers should be a target for buydowns
- 25:59 – Matt’s talking points with real estate agents on buydowns
- 27:50 – How Matt saved a deal for a real estate agent and what happened after
- 30:08 – Why Matt believes this is a perfect market for buydowns
- 33:10 – Matt on the expansion of buydowns with lender-paid options
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Todd started in the mortgage industry over 25 years ago. All but 3 of those years have been in the broker channel. Todd averages $100 million in loan volume per year, with 85% of that total being purchase business. When he’s not originating loans, you’ll find him speaking in front of loan officers and brokers throughout the country. While originating provides the income, his passion is promoting AIME and the broker channel. Many know him as the "Answer Your Damn Phone" guy since he pushes loan officers to understand the mindset real estate agents look for in a lending partner.
A 20-year veteran of the industry, Matt is a partner with Maximus Mortgage Advisors powered by Garden State Home Loans, based in New Jersey. With a focus on real estate relationships, Matt has built a business that is 100% referral-based. Over the last 5 years, he’s closed more than $200 million in loan volume. Matt founded Maximus Mortgage Advisors in June 2022 with a vision to relentlessly fight for borrowers, delivering a personalized mortgage experience with outstanding communication and transparency.