Having a great website is one of the best things you can do to stand out from your competition. Even if you have a built-in referral network of business, a website is a must. This is your virtual store. Think of it as a place where your clients can get to know you and you can add value to the relationship. Your website can do a lot of heavy lifting.
Below are some recommended website features:
- Stand for something. Let borrowers know the value you bring them: advice, simplified process, more experience, certain type of products, etc. Keep your message focused; give them the reason why they should do business with you
- Help them through the process. Borrowers may be at different stages in the process — learning, shopping, ready to get started. Your website should be a tool to help them through these phases. Some things to include:
- Income calculator/payment estimator
- Rent vs. buy information
- Documents you will need to get started
- Inspire trust. Give your borrowers reasons to trust you. Some ways to do this:
- Add a counter of how many families you’ve served
- Customer testimonials
- Awards you’ve earned
- Give them an action to take. A great website is more than a “sell” about you or your company. Something as simple as a pre-approval works!
If you need to build a website; godaddy.com or wix.com are two user-friendly sites. If you already have a website, use woorank.com for enhancements and optimization.