Good. Better. Broker.
What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Why Creating Video Content for Social Media Leads to Increased Brand Recognition and More Loans
Consistently posting videos on social media can help independent mortgage brokers grow their brand and their book of business. What should you be thinking about when recording videos and developing a strategy for posting them? Tune in to episode #3 of Good. Better. Broker. to find out why this type of marketing is such an effective way to reach new clients and how you can become a video pro even if you’ve never recorded one.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll hear tips from two independent mortgage brokers who leverage video marketing to position themselves as experts in their local markets.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 3:23 – the key to Ben’s video content taking off
- 4:26 – why it’s important to do video to reach consumers
- 5:03 – the impact video has had on Ben’s business
- 5:33 – how to measure success with videos
- 6:15 – how long you need to dedicate to posting videos
- 7:48 – how to start if you’re hesitant to do video
- 11:31 – on the power of video
- 12:43 – why it’s important to properly tag your videos
- 14:22 – the 3 things you need to do when tagging videos
- 16:24 – why posting to Instagram stories is a good option if you’re new to video
- 18:25 – when to critique your videos
- 22:11 – Mike’s approach to video content creation
- 23:00 – why everyone in his broker shop appears on camera
- 24:13 – why doing a video with someone else helps
- 25:06 – why consistency is important when posting videos
- 26:46 – why it’s important to be yourself on camera
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Ben Lavender, also known as “New York’s Favorite British Mortgage Broker” is a Senior Loan Originator at New York’s #1 brokerage, Madison Mortgage. Ben has been recognized consistently as a top 5 producing mortgage broker in New York state. His passion is developing and constantly refining the mortgage process to give his clients the best mortgage experience possible.
Mike Cox is the Broker-Owner of Mortgage Nerds in Appleton, Wisconsin. His eye-catching brand awareness strategies and focus on unique marketing efforts have been a driving force in setting Mortgage Nerds apart from the competition. Mike transitioned to the broker channel in 2019 after spending 20 years in retail.