Good. Better. Broker.
What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Adding Value and Certainty to Your Real Estate Partners Will Lead to Relationships for the Long Haul
Having strong relationships with real estate partners can be the lifeblood of an independent mortgage broker’s business. How do you create a connection that will make real estate agents ask YOU to work with THEM? Tune in to episode #4 of Good. Better. Broker. to learn how you can boost your business and that of your real estate partners by investing in their success as much as your own.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. podcast, you’ll learn strategies from 2 independent mortgage brokers who are very intentional in their approach to adding value to their real estate partners.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 2:31 – how to get solid pre-approvals
- 2:56 – how to put your real estate partners at ease up front
- 5:20 – how to add value through communication
- 6:10 - what to do if you make a mistake
- 7:10 – how Whitney educates her real estate partners
- 8:32 – what Whitney includes in her email to partners
- 10:28 – how to approach a meeting with an agent
- 13:17 – why Skylar’s first hire was a marketing person
- 15:18 – Skylar’s approach to creating content for her real estate partners
- 16:30 – why it’s important to set yourself apart to agents
- 17:30 – the importance of consistency with your real estate partners
- 18:15 – how Skylar helps her agents win listings
- 19:15 – why real estate agents ask Skylar to business with them
- 20:15 – Skylar’s approach to which real estate agents she targets
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Whitney is the broker-owner of Carolina Ventures Mortgage in Chapel Hill, NC. She founded the company in 2013 with the goal of making mortgage financing easier and faster for clients. Whitney is one of Scotsman Guide’s 2021 top 75 mortgage brokers, a Top 100 national purchase loan officer, and the #1 mortgage broker in North Carolina for 3 years in a row.
A 10-year veteran of the mortgage industry, Skylar opened Maine Pointe Lending in 2020. Her goal is to give the ultimate lending experience to every client, providing value and great service to all parties involved. Skylar has been awarded the Top 1% Originator award for the last 3 years, as well as a Top Producer in Maine award, Scotsman’s Guide Top Producer Award, and a 2020 Women with Vision Award.