What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
Treating Your Clients Like Gold Helps Create a Business Model That is Centered Around Referrals
Every customer should be viewed as an opportunity to earn another. How can independent mortgage brokers treat their clients so well that it creates a 100% referral-based business? Tune into episode #5 of Good. Better. Broker. to learn the blueprint for giving clients an experience that will have them sending everyone they know your way.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. Podcast, you’ll hear from 2 independent mortgage brokers who work exclusively off referrals by treating all of their clients like they’re the most important one.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 1:48 – Patrick’s definition of customer service
- 2:35 – How they communicate with all parties in the transaction
- 3:12 – What they do to learn more about their clients on a personal level
- 3:58 - The little things they do during the process
- 6:06 – The importance of building relationships with clients
- 8:52 – Patrick’s 3 tips on developing an approach to elite customer service
- 11:55 – Stephanie’s approach to customer service
- 12:52 – Stephanie’s approach to client phone calls
- 14:03 – How Stephanie structures communication with clients
- 15:09 – How to make it personal when taking a loan application
- 16:54 – How Stephanie’s business went to 100% referrals
- 19:10 - What Stephanie does when a client’s loan funds
- 20:36 – Stephanie’s advice for others on client service
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Patrick Stoy, President and Founder of MC Mortgage Group, has helped thousands of families during his 20+ years in the industry. His goal, vision, and passion is to be the very best customer service company - which happens to help families obtain mortgages while also generously giving back to the community. Patrick is a UWM Top 1% Originator, a 2021 Scotsman Guide Top Originator, and was honored by the North Carolina Home Builders Association as the 2021 Mortgage Professional of the Year.
Stephanie Spaulding is a mortgage broker and President of Allied Pacific Financial. Her goal is to make each client feel like they’re the most important one. With 25+ years as a broker-owner, Stephanie has more than 5,000 clients throughout the state of California. Stephanie is a UWM Top 1% UWM mortgage broker in the state of California and nationally. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics and an MBA from San Diego State University.