Good. Better. Broker.
What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
The Key to Scaling Your Purchase Business is Leveraging Real Estate Relationships
As the mortgage market becomes more purchase-heavy, independent brokers need to shift their strategy accordingly. Where should you focus your efforts to dominate the purchase market in 2022? Tune into episode #7 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with two top producers who have different game plans, with similar results, for accelerating their purchase business.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. Podcast, you’ll hear from two mortgage brokers who share their systems and strategies for dominating the purchase market.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 2:24 - Breon’s approach for growing his purchase business
- 3:17 – Breon’s strategy for his real estate agent relationships
- 4:18 – Why Breon believes you don’t have to work with every real estate agent
- 4:55 – How Breon establishes new real estate agent relationships
- 5:47 – How Breon’s company uses the F.O.R.D. Method
- 7:52 – How Breon leverages open houses to win over real estate agents
- 10:30 – Breon’s strategy for getting business from builders
- 12:50 – Breon’s biggest key for purchase business momentum
- 14:41 – How Corbin has become NEXA’s top producer
- 15:53 – Why Corbin built his business primarily on purchases
- 16:24 – The role of social media plays in Corbin’s purchase business
- 17:41 – How social media helps Corbin compete against banks
- 18:44 – How Corbin created a blueprint for his business
- 20:00 – Why Corbin works with a lot of different real estate agents
- 20:50 - Corbin’s take on the difference between scaling as a broker vs. a retail LO
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Breon Price is the Broker-Owner of Motto Mortgage Apex in Cincinnati, Ohio. His brokerage focuses on partnering with builders and realtors, ultimately providing an enhanced experience for the client. With his unique background in underwriting and loan production, Motto Mortgage is poised to become the top mortgage brokerage in the greater Cincinnati area. Breon is a UWM Top 1% Originator and one of UWM’s fastest growing loan officers. Last year, he became the Managing Partner of Motto Mortgage Apex while also increasing his production to over 400 closed loans in 2021.
Corbin is the founder of NEXA Mortgage’s Fresno Branch and Owner of The Claypool Group. His driving force is creating a client process and experience incomparable to the competition. Corbin has been able to grow a large business in just four years by providing solutions for realtors. That philosophy has propelled him to 110+ million in personal production in a market where the average loan is about $280-330k. Corbin’s goal is to educate families on home ownership and help them build wealth through real estate. He’s been recognized as a Top 100 Purchase Mortgage Professional in California, a Top 1% Mortgage Professional in the Nation, and is ranked as a top originator by Scotsman’s Guide.