Good. Better. Broker.
What does it take to succeed in the mortgage industry? Brokers who are “All In” with United Wholesale Mortgage know better than anyone and want to share their knowledge with you in a new podcast called Good. Better. Broker., your go-to source for expert advice from the best in the industry.
How To Identify, Recruit and Onboard Quality Loan Officers Who Will Help Elevate Your Business
As the wholesale channel continues to grow, independent mortgage brokers need to find new talent to add to their roster. What goes into recruiting loan officers who will be the right fit for your company? Tune into episode #6 of Good. Better. Broker. as we talk with two industry veterans who are experts at turning prospects into top producers.
In this episode of the Good. Better. Broker. Podcast, you’ll hear from 2 independent mortgage brokers who tell us what you should be looking for when you’re looking for future star loan originators.
In this episode, we discuss ...
- 2:58 – Pitt on the secret ingredient to making a new hire a strong loan originator
- 3:59 – Where Pitt looks for emerging talent
- 6:00 – What mortgage brokers must do to attract top talent
- 6:40 – The importance of hiring people who have a “why”
- 8:30 – What to look for in initial conversations with prospects
- 9:52 – Impact of technology on recruiting new loan originators
- 13:02 – Cubie on making sure your team is built for the digital mortgage age
- 14:18 – The importance of teaching new people new skills
- 15:50 – What to look for when interviewing a candidate
- 17:34 – How Cubie learns if a candidate is the right fit for their company
- 19:00 – What questions mortgage brokers need to be thinking about during an interview
- 20:27 – Why growing your team is a worthwhile investment
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Meet The Guests In This Episode
Based in Orange County, CA, Cubie Hernandez is in his 15th year in the mortgage business. Cubie partners with his brother and father at Mares Mortgage, ranked #1 by Google for Orange County mortgage brokers with more than 400 5-star reviews. Cubie competed in three NCAA Water Polo Final Fours and has recruited five former Division I NCAA athletes. Like the team at Mares Mortgage, Cubie has a mindset of partnerships, competing, putting the consumer first and upholding their community.
Pitt Miller epitomizes integrity, energy, and a passion for helping his clients secure the best possible mortgage financing for their needs. Pitt has continually helped others grow in his 26 years in the mortgage business. Communicating and leading his clients through the loan closing process is his trademark. Pitt has worked in all aspects of the mortgage industry but working with his clients and helping them discover their best loan solution is his number one passion in the mortgage field.